Monday, June 25, 2007

Let The Last Night Be The Longest

I had planned on posting on the arrival of summer and my favourite day of the year; the longest day of the year. Unfortunately I didn't have time before taking off for a long weekend on a bus with the fellas. So instead of writing about the longest day of the year I am writing about the longest night of the year.

We had a two game road trip to Ottawa and Montreal. We left for Ottawa at 4:30 on Thursday and arrived, a little cramped, at 3:30am. We hit the sack and woke up feeling much better. We didn't fare so well against Ottawa but I did get to see Mom so it didn't feel so bad. We hit the town for a bit and I even ran into some old friends:We had to be good though so we made it back to the bus to meet our midnight curfew. Unfortunately we had some mechanical difficulties right out front of a tavern in Gatineau. The next morning we played a quick game of touch on Parliament Hill and then hit the road for Sin City.
I have never been to Montreal and experienced less then I did on this trip. In terms of trips to one of my favourite cities, this was a wasted one (and not in the way that some of the others have been). We relaxed when we arrived, grabbed a meal and hit the sack. We got up the next day played a game (a tie, 24 - 24) and hit the road for home.

This was night was the longest night of the year, but not really in a bad way. In fact it was pretty great. We have a lot of new faces on the Provincial team this year so it was good to have a chance to experience the classic bus piss-up with them. Good times, although my body would suggest otherwise after playind two games in 3 days between squeezing myself into a bus. The Pros still vastly outweigh the Cons.

Pace out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Blogger Annabelle said...

Where's the other picture we took? :) Ha ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home