Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day

So I didn't get a chance to post anything on Canada Day which, if you sit as close to Jackman as I do, is a mortal sin. I feel bad but I am comfortable enough in my patriotism to post a Canada Day post on Independence Day and to wear a pink shirt on Canada Day. I think I might be mixing metaphors but I'm lost.

I am currently wishing that my vacation was about a week longer and that I could hop in a car and hit the TCH and go on a cross Canada cannonball run. There is no better way to see the country then by ripping coast to coast in a semi road worthy vehicle. I've done it 3 times now and reccomend the trip to anyone who doesn't plan on doing it in a 15 year old convertible in January.

I hope everyone had a great day and got to enjoy this country. I was very impressed at the festive scene downtown on Sunday night but then again I was also wildly impressed with the poutine I ate so maybe my perception was askew.

I don't like that we Canadians often embrace our un-americanisms as our strongest features. I think America is a great country with most of the same problems we have just magnified They are kind of like our rich, drunken, gambling addict big brother who will lend you money when you need it but ask for it back with interest from you when he's in the hole. I think the Simpson's said it best:

I think the first time I saw this I actually got the chills....Moe has the voice of an Angel.

Happy Canada Day!

Pace out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home