Friday, July 13, 2007

Starlight

When I was visiting mom last weekend we were listening to the radio and the Arcade Fire came on. She told me that she really liked their music and, when I asked how she knew them, told me that heard them on the CBC of course. She then told me that she also like the Great Lake Swimmers to which I said "me too", not wanting to admit that my mom might have a better handle on Canadian music then I do. When I got home I went to do some unrelated digging into the Shoreline Festival because on our drive around the Island we drove by the Rollo Bay Festival Grounds where Shoreline takes place. Their website informs that there is no festival this year but does provide a link to last year's lineup. The Great Lake Swimmers were on the bill. Good story? Not really, I just thought it was interesting.

Apropos of something, this did remind me to remind you (anyone?) about the Polaris Music Prize. The Polaris Music Prize is....oh just check out the website here. Canada is full of great talent these days so you probably wouldn't be disapointed with any of this stuff. I only knew 3 of the bands but great to see an NB name in there (Julie Doiron).

Thanks, as always, to Big Santo for shinning a light on this two. It should be noted though that although the bands may be indie the sponsors are Rogers, Yahoo, Sirius, MySpace, and the Ipod, among others, proving once again that Craig's a Corporate Whore.

Pace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home